Reserva Nacional Pingüinos de Humboldt
1st day: We leave Santiago at night, and in 7 hours we reach La Serena, where we take a coffee-break. We continue to the Isla Chañaral where you can find the only colony of warm water dolphins observable from a boat. Later, we return to the Caleta Punta de Choros, where we take a boat to the Isla Dama and set up for camping.
2nd day: We hike through the island and explore the flora and fauna, in particular the penguins of Humboldt. You can bathe, swim or just relax at the beach. We also prepare our meal together during this time.
3rd day: At 12.00 a.m. we leave the island. The return trip to Santiago takes 9 hours.
Tour Isla Dama.
What to take
- Sleeping bag, sleeping mattress
- Jacket, comfortable clothes
- Sun protection, sunglasses
- Bathing suit
Plaza Italia, at the Metro Baquedano,
in front of the Universidad de Chile theater.
- Next date: In planning
- Would you like to participate? Here you can book the next or any other tour.
- Next date
- In planning
- Meeting point
- Plaza Italia
- 8.00 p.m.
- Approx. 10.30 p.m.
- 3 days
- Transport, boat trip to the dolphins at Isla Chañaral, transfer to Isla Dama, camping at Isla Dama, food at the Isla Dama, tents, stove, camping equipment
- Additional costs
- Other travel costs (beverages, coffee,...)